USDJPY 112.193 | EURUSD 1.1152 | AUDUSD 0.70141 | NZDUSD 0.6584 | USDCAD 1.34965 | USDCHF 1.02057 | GBPUSD 1.29014 |
LMAX highs and Lows 05.00 GMT
Highs | Lows
EURUSD 1.11603 | 1.11449
USDJPY 112.239 | 111.848
GBPUSD 1.29168 | 1.28973
USDCHF 1.02118 | 1.01984
AUDUSD 0.70229 | 0.70044
USDCAD 1.35010 | 1.3484
NZDUSD 0.66019 | 0.65856
EURCHF 1.13869 | 1.13782
EURGBP 0.86468 | 0.86372
EURJPY 125.230 | 124.899
- GBP: A very quiet session for the Cable opening just above the 1.2900 line and remaining there for the most part with a couple of slips below but generally pushing quietly to the highs just above the 1.2915 area before holding into the grey hours almost unchanged. Topside light congestion through the 1.3000 level and sentimental offers only through to the 1.3100 area, stronger congestion increasing into the 1.3140 levels and likely to increase on any push above the 1.3150 level with limited potential for a break through the 1.3200 areas, with stronger offers remaining above the level. downside bids into the 1.2900 areas likely to provide decent support before a break through the 1.2880 level triggering weak stops for a move through to the stronger bids around the 1.2800 level with limited sentimental bids in 1.2850. a push through the 1.2800 area likely to open the downside to a larger move with 1.2760 being the start of the year ranges and limited support.
- JPY: USDJPY opened a little weaker around the 112.10 areas and traded weakly around the level through into the Tokyo session with a slight rise into the fixing to top just above the 112.20 areas before starting a slow but steady drift through to the 111.90 area and moving into the grey hours around the 112.00 level. Topside offers cleared through the 112.20 with further offers around the 112.50 level absorb the move and slow the market on any push to the 113.00 level, downside bids light through to the 111.00 area with congestion in the area and through to the 110.50 level before any weakness appears and the 110.00 becomes susceptible to a test with strong congestion on any dips.
- AUD: A slow move through the session with one solitary attempt to the 70 cents level before rising and holding around the 0.7020 level on a limited news day, Downside bids through the current lows and likely to increase into the 70 cents level with weak stops then appearing with sentimental bids through the 0.6950 level and likely to leave the downside vulnerable to a larger move with a break of the 69cents level opening the market to the 68 cents level. Topside offers light through to the 71 cents level and the market likely to see weak stops on a push through the 0.7120 area and opening the market to a possible short squeeze and stronger offers into the 0.7180-0.7200 levels.
- EUR: A very quiet range around the 1.1150 areas with a couple of brief moves to the 1.1160 level before drifting back to the opening levels for the move into the grey hour, topside light offers through the 1.1200 area and likely to be a little stronger through the level with weak stops possibly through the 1.1220 area for a test to the 1.1240 area however, the offers are likely to increase on any test towards the 1.1280 level and through into the 1.1300-20 area, downside bids through to the 111.20 level are likely to be more sentimental than anything else with weak stops joined with possibly break out sellers through the 1.1080 areas opening a deeper move.
RBA Could cut interest rate four times by year end – DJC
ANZ joins election rate cut club – ANZ
The worlds most successful economy is about to vote left – BBG
Li: China’s economy still facing downward pressure – BBG
Li: China willing to increase cooperation with IMF
Untested China bond structure sparks market angst after default -BBG
BoE to refrain from rate hike until Aug 2020 – Think tank
Actual – A | Consensus – C | Previous – P | Revised R | all timings GMT/UTC
JPY BOJ Rate Decision A -0.10% | C -0.10% | P -0.10%
10:00 GBP CBI Trends Total Orders Apr C 3 | P 1
12:30 USD Durable Goods Orders Mar (P) C 0.70% | P -1.60%
12:30 USD Durables Ex Transportation Mar (P) C 0.20% | P -0.10%
12:30 USD Initial Jobless Claims (APR 20) C 199K | P 192K
14:30 USD Natural Gas Storage P 92B
- GBP: A steady day for the Cable with the market holding in a tight range through the Asian session around the opening 1.2935 area with brief attempts to move above the 1.2940 level before dipping into the grey hour, the market tested through to the 1.2915 level but started a slow recovery through to deep into the NYK session forcing above the 1.2960 eventually but running out of impetus for the move to the London close and slowly slipping slowly through to the end of the IMM futures session testing lightly through to the 1.2890 area before recovering to hold quietly through to the close just above the figure level with much of the downward pressure on the day more a result of Euro weakness.
- JPY: A very quiet session for the bulk of the day with the market holding from the opening around the 111.85 area and an increasing range around the level through to midsession before pushing towards the 112.00 area before heading into the grey hours barely holding the 111.75 area, the move through into the London session saw just as much movement and only in early NYK did either high or low come under threat with initial selling from the opening in NYK testing through to the 111.65 area before a steady push lower in EURUSD saw EURJPY selling moving in but the Euro leg doing the work and USDJPY forced through towards the 112.40 area in a long steady push before dropping back quickly to the 112.20 level for the close and minor profit taking.
- AUD: Opening around the 71cents level and a slow drift through to the CPI numbers holding the 0.7090 area, the release took time to absorb the implications however, the market eventually dipped and quickly pushed through the support around the 0.7050 level and held through to the London session on the 0.7030 level, the market ranged around the level through into the NYK session before drifting back through to the Sydney opening to test the 0.7005area before holding quietly around the 0.7015 to the close.
- EUR: Euro’s drifted from the opening highs around the 1.1225 level testing into late Tokyo basing along the 1.1210 level to hold around the 1.1215 level for the move into the grey hour, early sellers tested the figure level lightly before slowly pushing higher and into the opening levels, IFO numbers did little to help the market and the Euro dipped quickly through to the 1.1195 level before recovering and drifting steadily into the NYK session, NYK opened unimpressed by the IFO numbers or the general economic news selling the market to the 1.1180 level in a quick move, the recovery was steady recovery but really only setting the market up for another round of selling this time deeper and stronger pushing initially top the 1.1150 level holding ten dipping to the 1.1140 area before holding steady to the close just off the lows.
Yesterday’s Premiership results
JPY Corporate Service Price Y/Y Mar A 1.10% | C 1.00% | P 1.10%
AUD CPI Q/Q Q1 A 0.00% | C 0.20% | P 0.50%
AUD CPI Y/Y Q1 A 1.30% | C 1.50% | P 1.80%
AUD CPI RBA Trimmed Mean Q/Q Q1 A 0.30% | C 0.40% | P 0.40%
AUD CPI RBA Trimmed Mean Y/Y Q1 A 1.60% | C 1.70% | P 1.80%
AUD CPI RBA Weighted Median Q/Q Q1 A 0.10% | C 0.40% | P 0.40%
AUD CPI RBA Weighted Median Y/Y Q1 A 1.20% | C 1.60% | P 1.70% | R 1.60%
JPY All Industry Activity Index M/M Feb A -0.20% | C -0.20% | P -0.20% | R 0.00%
JPY Leading Index CI Feb (F) A 97.1 | P 97.4
EUR German IFO Business Climate Apr A 99.2 | C 99.9 | P 99.6
EUR German IFO Expectations Apr A 95.2 | C 96 | P 95.6
EUR German IFO Current Assessment Apr 103.3 | C 103.6 | P 103.8
EUR ECB Economic Bulletin
GBP Public Sector Net Borrowing (GBP) Mar A 0.8B | C -0.8B | P -0.7B | R -0.5B
CAD BoC Rate Decision A 1.75% | C 1.75% | P 1.75%
USD Crude Oil Inventories A 5.5M | C 0.9M | P -1.4M
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices or other information contained on this Blog, whether by LMAX, its employees, partners or contributors, does not constitute investment advice nor has it been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research. Further, the material contained within this Blog does not contain (and should not be construed as containing) investment advice or an investment recommendation, or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instrument. Whilst information provided on this Blog may help with your investment research you must consider carefully whether you should make (or refrain from making) investment or other decisions based on what you see without doing further research on the investments you are interested in. Participating in this Blog cannot be a substitute for obtaining advice from an appropriate expert independent adviser who takes into account your circumstances and specific investment needs in selected investments that are appropriate for you. LMAX has not verified the accuracy or basis-in-fact of any claim or statement made by any third parties as comments for every Blog entry.
LMAX will not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information. No representation or warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the above information. While the material produced in this Blog was obtained from sources deemed to be reliable, LMAX does not provide any guarantees about the reliability of such sources.
Consequently, any person acting on it does so entirely at his or her own risk.
If you currently hold an account with LMAX for the purposes of trading FX and CFD’s, you are encouraged to use a different Username and Password to access the Blog or any other online systems. The Blog is a place to learn, discuss and share information and ideas with Blog followers. It is not a place to slander, use unacceptable language or to promote LMAX or any other FX, Spread Betting and CFD provider and any such postings, excessive or unjust comments and attacks will not be allowed and will be removed from the site immediately.