Flexible Access to LMAX Exchange
LMAX Exchange offers clients a number of access methods - all developed to ensure highest quality of trade execution.
LMAX Exchange - industry compliant for seamless integration
- Connectivity: Internet, TMX Atrium, TNS
- Access: API (Java & .Net), FIX 4.4, Web GUI, Mobile, MultiCharts, MT4/5 Bridges
Access methods in detail
API trading -
LMAX Exchange Application Programming Interface (API) technology enables clients to automate FX trading and CFD trading. With messages available in XML/JSON format clients can either choose to develop their own wrapper or use our customisable Client Libraries (Java, .NET) or our FIX protocol to simplify the integration.
LMAX Exchange API/FIX users benefit from:
- Free direct access to all markets on LMAX Exchange
- Ultra low latency, anonymous trading
- Secure protocol
- Access up to 20 levels of market depth (via FIX only)
- Ability to place Stop-Loss, Stop-Profit or entry orders
- Access to a knowledgeable API technical support team
- Risk-free testing in the LMAX Exchange demo environment
- Inactivity fees will apply each month unless the following thresholds are met:
- Java/.NET/XML/JSON Minimums:
- Deposited funds of $5,000 or other currency equivalents, AND
- Trade a minimum of $5 million in notional value per month
- FIX Protocol Minimums:
- Deposited funds of $10,000 or other currency equivalents, AND
- Trade a minimum of $25 million in notional value per month
- Java/.NET/XML/JSON Minimums:
- Inactivity fees: Java/.Net/XML/JSON - $60/month, FIX - $300/month.
- After three consecutive months of inactivity, your account will be suspended.
To use LMAX Exchange APIs, you must:
- Enter into a license agreement with LMAX Exchange - LMAX Exchange API Agreement (PDF).
- Have access to the expertise to implement complex computer programs in the supported languages.
- Understand you will be charged an inactivity fee if the minimum trading thresholds are not met.
Web trading -
Mobile trading -
Mobile access to LMAX Exchange is available via iPhone®, Blackberry® or iPad® and enables clients to:
- View the latest prices and market movements for all LMAX Exchange markets
- Open, close and manage positions on the move
- Place market and limit orders
- Place orders inside the spread
- View & cancel working orders
- Monitor the account balance
- View watchlists
- Be confident that all the information and transactions are secure
The LMAX Exchange iPad app offers some unique features and makes it easier to take advantage of the exchange quality execution:
- View market depth (the only iPad app showing depth)
- Edit working Market and Limit orders
- Access full trading functionality
- Benefit from interactive charting of instrument prices with scrolling, panning and
pinch to zoom
iPhone® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
BlackBerry® and BlackBerry® App World™ are registered trademarks of Research in Motion Ltd.
MultiCharts trading -
LMAX Exchange can be directly accessed by traders through MultiCharts trading technology. MultiCharts is a professional charting and automated trading platform, designed specifically for FX traders.
Through LMAX Exchange, clients can trade via MultiCharts and benefit from:
- Direct access to all markets on LMAX Exchange
- Trading in Micro lots
- Native stop orders and contingent orders
- High-definition charting and direct chart trading
- Multiple DOM windows
- Back testing and optimisation
- EasyLanguage® compatibility
- Entry and Exit automated trading
- 64 bit format to enable unlimited computer memory usage
- Compatibility with industry-standard TradeStation® EasyLanguage®: EasyLanguage® strategies can be customised, optimised and back tested prior to their implementation in the real market using the PowerLanguage editor.
- Powerful and flexible charting: able to handle multi-symbol and multi-timeframe charts. Time-based and Count-based, as well as Bid or Ask based data series can be mixed within the same chart.
- Market scanner tool: important for screening quotes and ranking the financial instruments that you monitor.
If you wish to get access to or have any further questions regarding MultiCharts, please contact MultiCharts directly – www.multicharts.com
New clients can register and purchase a license directly from MultiCharts, alternatively existing clients can simply select LMAX Exchange as the broker and proceed to use their usual LMAX Exchange login details. When purchased please select MultiCharts Beta version 8.5.
Please Note: 1 contract in MultiCharts represents 0.1 LMAX Exchange contracts (standard LMAX Exchange contract, 10,000 notional, will be 10 contracts in MultiCharts)
Setup and connect to LMAX Exchange
- When first opening MultiCharts Version 8, locate and right-click on the LMAX tab. Select “Edit LMAX profile” and proceed to enter your account credentials.
- On the “LMAX” tab right-click once more and select the “Connect LMAX” option.
- The connection is established when the button on the tab turns green in colour. This enables the charts to open and connect to LMAX Exchange’s data feed.
- Open a new chart window, select “LMAX” in the data source and select “Add”. Instruments can now be added and viewed on the charts by selecting “OK”
- Choose the instruments to be displayed in the selected chart. Further parameters such as resolution and date range can be chosen within the “Settings” tab.
- Upon completion of the chart upload, MultiCharts will be ready to view and test trade.
LMAX Exchange - Broker liquidity access
Broker dealers can optimise their FX hedging execution with LMAX Exchange tailored technology solutions.