Flexible access to LMAX Exchange
LMAX Exchange offers clients a number of access methods - all developed to ensure highest quality of trade execution.
LMAX Exchange - industry compliant for seamless integration
- Connectivity: Cross connect at Equinix LD4/5, PoP at Interxion, Extranet (Fixnetix, GuavaTech, TMX Atrium) and Internet
- Access: API (Java & .Net), FIX 4.4, Web GUI, Mobile, MT4/5 Bridges, MultiCharts
Access methods in detail
API trading learn more
LMAX Exchange Application Programming Interface (API) technology enables clients to automate trading in FX, Spot Commodities and Indices. Customisable Client Libraries are available in Java and .NET or our FIX protocol to simplify the integration.
LMAX Exchange FIX/API users benefit from:
- Free direct access to all markets on LMAX Exchange
- Ultra-low latency, anonymous trading
- Secure protocol
- Access up to 20 levels of market depth (via FIX only)
- Access to a knowledgeable API technical support team
- Risk-free testing in the LMAX Exchange demo environment
- Inactivity fees will apply each month unless the following thresholds are met:
- Java/.NET/XML/JSON Minimums:
- Deposited funds of $5,000 or other currency equivalents, AND
- Trade a minimum of $5 million in notional value per month
- FIX Protocol Minimums:
- Deposited funds of $10,000 or other currency equivalents, AND
- Trade a minimum of $25 million in notional value per month
- Redistribution of Data:
- Minimum commissions of $2,500 per month
- Java/.NET/XML/JSON Minimums:
- Inactivity fees: Java/.Net/XML/JSON - $60/month, FIX - $300/month, Redistribution - $2,500/month (if not paid in commission).
- After three consecutive months of inactivity, your account will be suspended.
To use LMAX Exchange APIs, you must:
- Enter into a license agreement with LMAX Exchange - LMAX Exchange API Agreement.
- Have access to the expertise to implement complex computer programs in the supported languages.
- Understand you will be charged an inactivity fee if the minimum trading thresholds are not met.
Web trading learn more
MultiCharts trading learn more
LMAX Exchange can be directly accessed by traders through MultiCharts trading technology. MultiCharts is a professional charting and automated trading platform, designed specifically for FX traders.
Through LMAX Exchange, clients can trade via MultiCharts and benefit from:
- Direct access to all markets on LMAX Exchange
- Trading in Micro lots
- Native stop orders and contingent orders
- High-definition charting and direct chart trading
- Multiple DOM windows
- Back testing and optimisation
- EasyLanguage® compatibility
- Entry and Exit automated trading
- 64 bit format to enable unlimited computer memory usage
- Compatibility with industry-standard TradeStation® EasyLanguage®: EasyLanguage® strategies can be customised, optimised and back tested prior to their implementation in the real market using the PowerLanguage editor.
- Powerful and flexible charting: able to handle multi-symbol and multi-timeframe charts. Time-based and Count-based, as well as Bid or Ask based data series can be mixed within the same chart.
- Market scanner tool: important for screening quotes and ranking the financial instruments that you monitor.
If you wish to get access to or have any further questions regarding MultiCharts, please contact MultiCharts directly – www.multicharts.com
New clients can register and purchase a license directly from MultiCharts, alternatively existing clients can simply select LMAX Exchange as the broker and proceed to use their usual LMAX Exchange login details. When purchased please select MultiCharts Beta version 8.5.
Please Note: 1 contract in MultiCharts represents 0.1 LMAX Exchange contracts (standard LMAX Exchange contract, 10,000 notional, will be 10 contracts in MultiCharts)
Setup and connect to LMAX Exchange
- When first opening MultiCharts Version 8, locate and right-click on the LMAX tab. Select “Edit LMAX profile” and proceed to enter your account credentials.
- On the “LMAX” tab right-click once more and select the “Connect LMAX” option.
- The connection is established when the button on the tab turns green in colour. This enables the charts to open and connect to LMAX Exchange’s data feed.
- Open a new chart window, select “LMAX” in the data source and select “Add”. Instruments can now be added and viewed on the charts by selecting “OK”
- Choose the instruments to be displayed in the selected chart. Further parameters such as resolution and date range can be chosen within the “Settings” tab.
- Upon completion of the chart upload, MultiCharts will be ready to view and test trade.
Mobile trading learn more
LMAX Exchange - instruments
- 67 Spot FX pairs view instrument list
- Bullion, equity indices and commodities view instrument list
- Volume based commission discounts available
MT4/5 Bridge providers
MT4/5 Bridge providers enable brokers to connect through their MT4/5 servers to all LMAX Exchange markets.
Trading systems integrator, Gold-i, provides fast and reliable integration between retail and institutional trading systems on a global basis, automatically covering all retail broker risks with banks in real time. It connects MetaTrader to 27 external liquidity providers, giving retail brokers access to the same tools as institutional brokers.
oneZero Financial Systems provides low-latency software systems for the foreign exchange, commodities, and futures markets. oneZero also offers an array of risk management and back-office utilities that allow any broker, from start-up to established global leader, to provide better quality service to their clients via robust, flexible technology solutions.
Rous Technology more
Think Liquidity more
The proprietary ThinkLiquidity enterprise risk engines allow for real time A book, B book and C book management and trade execution. ThinkLiquidity is an international technology firm specializing in the foreign exchange and CFD markets and is built from the ground up with a focus on maximizing brokerage revenue.
MetaTrader-to-FIX Bridge connects servers to an external liquidity provider using the FIX protocol, which allows to hedge financial risks, synchronise prices with liquidity providers and benefit from this high-speed, robust solution with extensive functionality.
Managed Network Providers
Managed network/VPS providers enable brokers/professional traders to cross connect to LMAX Exchange at Equinix LD4/5. LMAX Exchange currently works with the following providers: