LMAX Group trading technology
Industry leading proprietary technology is at the core of LMAX Group – we continuously focus our expertise on refining and improving all aspects of our technology.
Our revolutionary and minimalist approach to technology, architecture and technology-related processes are a careful blend of in-house intellectual property and the most up-to-date best practice, with one aim in mind – optimised execution quality.
Technology key differentiators
- Precise, superior execution
- Ultra -low latency exchange infrastructure
- Reliable, robust, scalable technology with ongoing performance optimisation
- Integrated with leading trading technology providers
- Key LMAX Group technologies, including Disruptor, have been open-sourced
Latency, capacity and resilience
- Average internal exchange latency is under 85μs
- Exchange uptime is 100%
- Processing capacity (orders/sec): 800,000 peak, 100,000 sustained
- 700,000 risk calculations/second
- High capacity achieved through a distributed, transactional service oriented architecture based on high performance publish and subscribe messaging
- High availability is achieved through resilience at all levels
- Scalable architecture with room for growth to meet increasing demand
Reliable and robust platform
We employ the latest techniques to ensure high software quality, including test driven development, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment.
Our CI private cloud system constantly runs a battery of over 60,000 functional, acceptance, security and performance tests against the code base to ensure, monitor and improve quality of execution.
This is matched with the use of industry leading automated deployment and server configuration management to ensure that the platform matches the code in quality of build.