LMAX Exchange trading technology
Unique, robust and scalable technology is at the core of LMAX Exchange – we continuously focus our expertise on refining and improving all aspects of LMAX Exchange technology.
Our revolutionary and minimalist approach to technology, architecture and technology-related processes are a careful blend of in-house intellectual property and the most up-to-date best practice, with one aim in mind – optimised execution quality.
Technology key differentiators
- Ultra-low latency matching engine
- Superior exchange performance, built for scale
- High throughput >100,000 messages/second
- Sustained capacity to process 100,000 orders/second
- Award-winning, in-house developed ‘Disruptor’ technology – maximising performance
- LMAX Exchange utilises a range of open source technologies
- Key LMAX Exchange technologies including Disruptor have been open-sourced
Latency, capacity and resilience
- Average trade latency is 3ms here
- Average internal exchange latency is under 80μs
- LMAX Exchange uptime (last 6 months): 100% here
- High capacity achieved through a distributed, transactional service oriented architecture based on high performance publish and subscribe messaging
- High availability is achieved through resilience at all levels
- Scalable architecture with room for growth to meet increasing demand
Reliable and robust platform
We employ the latest techniques to ensure high software quality, including test driven development, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment.
Our CI private cloud system constantly runs a battery of over 6000 functional, acceptance, security and performance tests against the code base to ensure, monitor and improve quality of execution.
This is matched with the use of industry leading automated deployment and server configuration management to ensure that the platform matches the code in quality of build.